At present, there are many customers using refrigerated centrifuges to call us for more effective use of refrigerated centrifuges. Here is how our engineers from Shanghai Boss Co., Ltd. summarize the detailed and standardized operations of the high-speed refrigerated centrifuge to achieve the separation effect as follows:
1. Set the operating temperature, usually 4 ° C, first put the centrifugal rotor into the centrifugal chamber, pay attention to the axis of the centrifugal rotor; close the door, the temperature of the centrifugal chamber begins to drop, and the pre-cooling time should be sufficient.
2. Load the sample into an appropriate centrifuge tube, balance the weight with a balance, cover the centrifuge tube cap and screw it tightly.
Note that the centrifuge tube is only 70% full. Although it is covered with a cap, it may leak due to the strong centrifugal force.
Most centrifuge tubes have a lid attached. Note that the lids of the centrifuge tubes must also be balanced.
Order the centrifuge tube to be equilibrated with another centrifuge tube with clean water.
3. Put the balanced centrifuge tube symmetrically into the centrifugal top, cover the top of the centrifugal top, and pay attention to whether it is screwed tightly.
If the lid of the centrifugal rotor is not tightened, it will fall out during centrifugation, causing great damage!
4. Close the centrifuge compartment door and adjust the required speed and time on the dashboard; for example: 10000rpm, 20min.
Note that the speed used must not exceed the limit of the centrifuge. The maximum speed is usually written on the centrifuge. For example, the maximum speed of the HF-2100R high-speed refrigerated centrifuge is 21000rpm. However, if the centrifuge is aging, it must be adjusted downward. Speed and time settings should not be too high.
5. After confirming that all steps are correct, press the Start button to start, and the centrifuge will gradually accelerate. At this time, close monitoring is required.
It is the most dangerous when you start accelerating. If you find that the sound is wrong, or there is a big vibration, please press Stop immediately. Do not turn off the power switch first.
6. Wait until the centrifugation reaches the required speed, and make sure everything is normal before leaving.
7. When centrifugation is completed, wait until the centrifuge is completely stationary before opening the hatch; please take out the centrifuge tube as soon as possible, first observe whether the centrifuge tube is complete and the location of the sediment, and pour out the supernatant as soon as possible, taking care not to get the sediment turbid.
Regardless of whether the supernatant or sediment is required, please collect the supernatant in a clean beaker to avoid mistakes.
Be careful when dumping the supernatant to avoid pouring the precipitate together; if you accidentally mix it up, repeat it.
If there is a leak in the centrifuge tube, find out the cause and clean the centrifuge or centrifuge immediately.
8. In the neutral position between two centrifugations, there is no need to take out the centrifugal rotor, but cover the door to prevent hot air from flowing into the centrifugal chamber.
9. After all use, take out the centrifugal to clean up, you can rinse with tap water and dry it upside down. The centrifuge door should be opened. After the ice has melted, wipe and clean it a little. If liquid leaks out, wash it with water. Also check the balance of the centrifuge tube and the table top, it is easy to get dirty, and you must clean it carefully before leaving.